There are few foods more refreshing than cucumbers. Especially during summer, the crisp, cool flavor and high moisture content make cucumbers both irresistible and smart for snacking. Cucumbers are more than 95 percent water – all while being low in calories and big on fresh taste.
In addition, cucumbers are an excellent source of fiber. Since you’re supposed to combine fiber with water, they’re basically the perfect addition to your diet if you’re in need of a change. They also contain good doses of antioxidants runners need to help fight free radials. Stuff like vitamin C, beta-carotene, and manganese, just to name a few.
Here are 20 tasty, hand-picked recipes that will have you hooked on cucumbers.
- Tuna Salad Cucumber Bites via Healing and Eating
- Avocado Cucumber Toast with Lemon via Daily Squeeze
- Sriracha Chinese Cucumber Salad via Kirbie Cravings
- Kale and Cucumber Detox Smoothie via Green Smoothie for Beauty
- Cucumber Mint Summer Slushie via The Muffin Myth
- Cucumber Watercress Soup via The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cucumber Lime Popsicles via Ambrosia Baking
- Cucumber and Goat Cheese Tea Sandwiches via Leni and Viv
- Mango Cucumber Salsa via Ricotta and Radishes
- Cucumber Spring Rolls via In Simone’s Kitchen
- Quick Pickled Cucumbers via Mom’s Dish
- Cucumber Carrot California Roll via Cooks Hideout
- Cucumber Melon Gazpacho via Le Petit Chef
- Salmon with Cucumber Raita via A Teaspoon of Happiness
- Cucumber Infused Water via 4 Pure
- Cucumber Grape Salad via Oh Sweet Basil
- Grilled Cucumbers via She Likes Food
- Cucumber Daikon Rolls via Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Cucumber Cupcakes via Veggie Desserts
- Cucumber Sorbet via Duo Dishes
What’s your favorite way to eat cucumbers?