As seen on the run. Send us your pictures.
Don’t you just love the first week of a new training cycle? You’re on top of all your runs, more excited than ever to do them, and your body and mind still feel great. This past week marked week one of marathon training for me. Training for a marathon — or any race, for that matter — can be tough, frustrating, and exhausting (Week 12 I’m looking at you) so it’s important to remember the times that are awesome, fun, and make you feel like a running superstar. What’s your favorite part of a training cycle?
And now what I’m sure is your favorite part of the week, the week in review:
- Boston: one month later. In photos and a runner’s reflections.
- A super delicious on-the-go snack recipe.
- Stressed? Fatigued? Angry? You might be on the verge of burnout.
- Day trip ideas for active families.
- Tips for making morning, noon, and night runs a little easier.
Elsewhere on the web
- Underhydrating leads to slower runs the next day.
- BAA invites stopped runners back to the 2014 Boston Marathon.
- People running for trains in slow motion. Hilarious.
- Anyone else suffering from allergies? Here’s how to deal on the run.
- High-fat foods make you sleepy during the day.
Written by Bianca Strzelczyk.