A daily dose of motivation is merely a newsfeed scroll away. These 10 Instagram accounts will have you lacing up your sneakers and out the door in minutes!
1. @karagoucher: Professional runner Kara Goucher’s Instagram is a mix of active lifestyle shots, candid family photos, and healthy snacks –demonstrating her energy as she juggles a busy family life with staying fit and competing at an elite level.
2. @instarunners: Instarunners is a mix of Instagram’s finest runners from around the globe. You never know who might pop up – it might even be you!
3. @sagecanaday: Sage Canaday is a mountain ultra-trail runner who will inject the great outdoors into your Instagram feed. You can almost feel the fresh air!
4. @runningsayings: So you’re all dressed and ready to go, but somehow the sofa has sucked you in and your legs are arguing with your head. But a quick flick through this feed will put you on the right kind of springs (i.e., not the sofa kind.).
5. @newyorkroadrunners: The coolest collection of runners speeding through world-famous scenery. It’s the best kind of marathon motivation.
6. @ashruns100s: Filled with beautiful scenery, training tips, and the occasional pug appearance, you’ll no doubt feel instantly energized after a scroll through her account.
7. @alpineworks: Run by Joe Grant, this is the account to scroll through if you’re experiencing wanderlust. The beautiful, breath-taking tranquil pictures will inspire you to find a magical forest to skip – er, we mean, run – through!
8. @msprincessleigh: Combining her love for all things Disney and her passion for fitness, Leigh’s Instagram has a bubbly, youthful energy that will either leave you wanting to be a princess or go for a run – neither of which is a bad idea.
9. @fitnessrunningtips: This account features the ultimate collection of daily motivational quotes and anecdotes – everything you could possibly need to get pumped for a walk, a jog, or a run!
10. @walkjogrun: OK – who would we be if we didn’t do a shameless plug at the end? Head to our Instagram for all things walk, jog, or run related and to keep up with our latest blog posts.
Written by Selina Swift.
Selina Swift is a freelance writer based in London. She covers a range of topics, writing for a number of websites, including her personal blog. In her spare time, she is a keen horse rider and fitness fanatic, and makes any excuse for an adventure.